02/13/2018 Choosing the right memorial for yourself or a loved one can be challenging. There are many questions to ask yourself when faced with this kind of decision that will help you narrow down the available choices. They are:
- Who is the memorial for? A memorial is frequently used as a place to grieve for your loved one and is the place where friends and family will come to visit you. The memorial should provide comfort and peace for every person who comes there.
- Is it for a family or one person? Many people find comfort in the thought that they will be buried, and therefore reunited after death, with their family. If there is no room for additional family members, this will not be possible.
- What will the memorial look like? There are many options to choose from so this is an important decision. Speaking with a professional is the best way to proceed. Cemeteries commonly have rules and regulations regarding the kinds of memorials they allow.
- Where do you want the memorial to be located? If you have lived in different places in your lifetime, or your families and friends currently live in different parts of the country, you may decide to be buried where your ancestors were buried. Regardless of what you think happens after you die, your grave is the place where others come to think of you.
- What do you want your memorial to say? If you choose to customize the text on your memorial marker, decide on what you would like to engrave. It may be a quote from a favorite poem, a line from your favorite book or simply your nickname for the person who has died.
- What is your budget? Prices vary depending upon several factors. Making sure that this is taken care of in advance will save your family from unexpected bills. It’s important to leave your family with some guidance as to how you would like to be remembered after your death.
Polchinski Memorials, Inc. an Independent Authorized Rock of Ages Retailer, is a premiere monument and memorial company located in Hawthorne, in Westchester, NY. Established in 1883, Polchinski Memorials, Inc. has been helping families throughout the greater New York area for over 125 years and cont…