By Bumps For Boomers ®
11/06/2019 Ski For Life™ is a 3-day skiing clinic designed for intermediate (level 5 – 7) skiers who prefer to ski groomed runs and want to achieve a major breakthrough in their skiing. Simply, it’s BUMPS FOR BOOMERS® without the bumps. We’ve built a new clinic solely focused on mastering the foundation skills and techniques to make you a great groomed run skier. Not limited to Baby Boomers – all adult intermediate skiers are welcome. And, for the first time, we are offering two clinics in Snowmass.
Being proficient at any movement pattern sport is about your skill level, not the equipment. A new set of golf clubs or the perfect racquet won’t get you on the pro tour. Likewise, finding the “perfect” ski will not make you a strong recreational skier. 85% of good skiing is about technique. The remaining 15% are things you buy in a ski shop (skis, poles, boots, helmets, goggles, etc.). Instead of buying a new pair of skis and hoping they will improve your skiing, invest in learning great foundational skiing techniques with a Ski For Life clinic.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN
- The single most important movement pattern to make effortless and anxiety-free turns
- The two best techniques for guaranteed speed control on any terrain
- Be a more elegant skier by moving in slow motion and moving as little as possible
- The most important resource that most recreational skiers fail to use when skiing
- How to ski strong and avoid tired legs and quad muscle burn
- How to become a precision skier and be able to turn or stop exactly where you want to
- Expert skier tips to ski with good balance
- Why bending your knees reduces skiing efficiency
- How to determine which runs to ski in the morning and which to hit in the afternoon
- How, and when, carving can work for, and against you
Book online today at: https://www.bumpsforboomers.com/ski-for-life/?fbclid=IwAR3FtPRoy6rI9s5aeFT5zhK0b5h2bfINJdVUnFCDqlNoDbZYpphV4R3Vchk
About This Author
Bumps For Boomers ®
BUMPS FOR BOOMERS® is an innovative Aspen Colorado ski lesson program that was designed from the ground up to quickly teach intermediate-level skiers how to ski moguls and how to ski powder. Intermediate-level, groomed run skiers will quickly become confident mogul and powder skiers during our four…
Read More »
More Articles From This Author
March Madness is on!
Book your spot with us for the last clinic of the year by 2/24/2020 and save $200!There are still a lot of turns to be made! The skiing is great. Join us in Aspen March 2-5 and enjoy great snow and longer days.https://www.bumpsforboomers.com/ski-lessons/book-now/... Read More »
Aspen's Bumps for Boomers
By Brian E. ClarkAbout 25 years ago, in the midst of yet another mind-numbing marketing session at Apple in the San Francisco Bay Area, Joe Nevin had an epiphany:“I told myself, ‘I’m never going to sit through another stupid meeting like this,’” recalled Nevin, who now resides in Aspen, Co... Read More »
Owner Joe Nevin talks technique on the Lift.
Watch owner Joe Nevin talk technique to the Lift and learn how taking a clinic with Bumps for Boomers can help you increase your stamina, gain balance and control and get out of 'back seat' skiing. https://vimeo.com/310626223You don't need a shot of courage to ski moguls. You need a new approach.... Read More »
Stay fit this off season with our ski conditioning programs!
Skiers who regularly perform skiing exercises and/or make it a priority to participate in ski fitness exercise programs will ski better, experience less fatigue, minimize back and knee pain, avoid injury and extend their skiing longevity.In recognition of the importance of ski fitness to good skiing... Read More »