02/13/2020 This is a rare opportunity to live with the sound of gently breaking waves on the beach and spectacular views of the Bay and the San Francisco skyline.
This architecturally stunning Old Town Sausalito town home is one of three units designed by noted Sausalito architect Julian F. Knox and built to the highest standards in 1982-85. Noteworthy features are 12 foot ceilings, curved, south-facing clerestory windows, large areas of glass facing the bay and San Francisco, an enclosed patio, and a balcony facing the view. Windows facing east, south, and west provide dramatic lighting all day and in every season.
- Master bedroom with high ceilings and large windows looking east to the bay and south to the Sausalito hills. Walk-in closet. Upgraded full bath with large soaking tub. New fixtures and flooring.
- Second bedroom with enclosed, private patio; built-in dresser, desk, and shelves; upgraded full bath with shower, new fixtures and flooring; double closet.
- Laundry room.
- Bedrooms with newer carpeting and a connecting hallway with new wide plank oak flooring
- Living room with 12 ft ceiling, balcony facing the bay and SF view for intimate dining and relaxation. Wood burning fireplace, floor to ceiling shelves and cabinets. New indirect lighting.
- Stairwell with skylights that illuminate both floors.
- Large dining gallery with distinctive, curved clerestory windows.
- Sitting area adjacent to kitchen.
- Remodeled kitchen with quartz counters and new stainless steel appliances.
- Upgraded half bath.
- New wide plank oak flooring.
- Coat/storage closet under stairs.
Whaler’s Cove Town Homes217 Richardson St. is one of three Whaler’s Cove town homes (formally condominiums) that are self-managed by the residents. A monthly fee of $550 pays for building insurance, building and roof maintenance, landscaping, water, garbage collection, window washing, and management expenses including minimal accounting services and legal fees. Special projects are financed as needed by agreement of the owners. For example, roofing was replaced in 2015, with each unit contributing an equal share.
Excellent Location and Convenience217 Richardson is located in Old Town Sausalito with easy access to San Francisco and downtown Sausalito:
- Easy 12 minute walk along the waterfront promenade to downtown with its restaurants, galleries, shops, and cafes.
- Eleven minute walk to the Sausalito Ferry Terminal, with boats departing to San Francisco from 7 am till 7 pm.
- Five minute drive across the Golden Gate Bridge to the San Francisco terminus.
- Less than 200 feet to the waterfront.
- A two minute walk to Swede’s Beach and the charming Valley St. Boardwalk, visible from the living room and bedroom windows.
- Across the street from the Golden Gate Market, presently undergoing renovation and major improvements, including a small cafe.
Our clients are our top priority. Madeline Schaider Real Estate provides you with the top profit on sale, and the confidence that your next home is the best for you. Our service goes far beyond the usual, with free structural evaluations for buyers and sellers and an intimate knowledge of homes in e…