02/21/2021 Residents of Martinez, California cherish the city’s dramatic water views and acres of wildlife preserve. But there’s so much more to this little East Bay gem. Here are 20 quick facts about the city, and if you need a Martinez realtor, you know who to call!
FUN FACTS ABOUT MARTINEZ, CA
- The charming city of Martinez is home to 39,000 people and counting!
- If you’re a fan of history, you’ll appreciate its nostalgic downtown featuring preserved buildings and heritage.
- According to local lore, Martinez is the birthplace of the Martini—and home to some great bars, too!
- Residents enjoy easy access to both the Bay Area Ridge Trail, and the San Francisco Bay Trail, a 500 mile trek around the bay.
- The majority of the open land in and around Martinez is protected, so unruly construction isn’t a worry.
- Just tucked away across the shore is a refinery that provides many job opportunities to local residents.
- Martinez used to serve as a stopping point during the California Gold Rush. (Who wouldn’t love a beach detour?)
- Historically, the crime rate in Martinez has remained lower than the national average.
- Mount Wanda sits among the hills in Martinez, and you can enjoy some incredible views of the valleys, bay, and more.
- Prehistoric history, anyone? The Carquinez Strait dates back thousands of years and now becomes part of a tidal estuary that drains into the San Francisco Bay. Plenty of hiking trails surround it.
- Martinez was home to the famous naturalist John Muir, whose house you can still visit today because it’s preserved as a National Historic Site.
- If you’ve ever dreamed of having your own adobe style home, Martinez has many to choose from, many with picturesque views.
- You can even check out the Martinez Adobe, which dates back to the mid-1800s and is considered an important Bay Area site.
- The official county seat for Martinez is Contra Costa.
- In addition to Mount Wanda, the much larger Mount Diablo mountain is right beside Martinez, and attracts many campers each year. At its highest point, it reaches 3,849 feet.
- The average commute time for residents to the city is roughly thirty-eight minutes, which is lower than other cities in the area.
- In addition to being a stone’s throw away from San Francisco, you can also commute to Oakland in under 30 minutes.
- Contra Costa County has several reputable hospitals, universities, and schools to choose from in the area.
- There’s rich Native American history in Martinez, including that of Mount Diablo, which is considered by some to be the point of creation.
- Martinez is surrounded primarily by water and sits directly across from Vallejo.
If you’re interested in buying a house in Martinez, call the Laura Wucher Real Estate Team at (925) 595-8047. You can also view current listings by clicking here.
The Laura Wucher Real Estate Team is the #1 Realtor in Pleasant Hill for 3 years in a row. If you are looking to sell your Pleasant Hill home, find out the details and how we can help.Consistently ranked among the top 50 realtors in all Contra Costa County. #1 top-producing agent in BHG’s Walnut C…