12/03/2019 If you are arrested for committing criminal acts, then you may face serious charges which might require you to spend years in jail, pay hefty fines and register as criminal offender. Hiring a criminal defense lawyer can help you out of these charges or at least reduce the intensity of charges.
If you are charged with criminal offenses in Jersey City, then you will need a good criminal lawyer in Jersey City. So, what are the factors to consider before hiring a criminal defense lawyer? Consider the following:
- Choose a lawyer who best fits your case and who can fight your case in the best possible way. The attorney you choose must have handled cases similar to yours.
- Know about the lawyer’s educational background. Ask the lawyer if they are a member of any lawyer associations or worked for them.
- The lawyer should be able to evaluate your case properly and effectively negotiate with the prosecutors about the plea bargains.
- The lawyer should be able to help you with embarrassment and depression you may feel during criminal prosecution.
- Another important note is that, you should always try to choose an attorney who has been practicing in your area for several years. This is because the attorney in your locality will have familiarity with courts and laws in your area and have more connections with the officials nearby.
- Your attorney should be communicative and responsive to all your doubts at any time of the day.
- The lawyer should discuss any hidden costs involved before he takes up the case.
- Check whether the lawyer has good connections with private investigators, so that they can gather any hidden evidences that support your case.
Call at 201-420-1913 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Joel Silberman’s path to becoming a Criminal Defense Attorney started when he earned his Juris Doctor from Seton Hall University School of Law in Newark, New Jersey.After finishing law school, Joel was a Judicial Clerk to the Honorable George F. Rohde, Jr., J.S.C. in the Superior Court of New Jers…