10/11/2021 Whether you’re beginning to plan your next moves after retirement or you’re growing concerned about your aging parents, it’s never too early to learn about the different levels of care in senior living communities. Different situations require different levels of care, making it imperative that you understand your needs as well as what each community option can provide.
Levels of Care in Senior Living Communities to Choose From While some communities can provide all levels of care, others are only equipped to provide certain services. Be sure to ask questions regarding your needs and what is offered before making any moving decisions.
Levels of care can include the following:
- Senior independent living– This option is for seniors who are simply looking to downsize from their home. These individuals should be able to care for themselves and require no additional care. Apartments and villas for independent living will have full kitchens that allow residents to cook their own meals.
- Senior assisted living services– This option is ideal for those who require assistance with daily activities. This can include cleaning, cooking, shopping, and other activities that could pose a fall risk or other hazard. Seniors are able to enjoy their own private apartment while still receiving the help they need.
- Personal care living– Personal care also provides help with daily living for residents. Seniors are able to still enjoy their active lifestyles while still receiving assistance with their daily life activities.
- Skilled nursing– This option is for residents who require medical treatment. Our trained nursing staff on-site is able to help with IVs, ventilators, and other additional medical care. This type of medical treatment is required daily and around the clock.
- SHINE® Memory Care– Cognitive impairment from progressive diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s require a heightened level of monitoring and care. Memory care allows residents to still enjoy this chapter of life while staying safe and secure in their units. Rooms don’t have kitchens to prevent injury and are closely monitored by skilled staff.
- Senior respite care– Respite care is for those needing short-term care after an injury or serious hospital procedure.
- How active are my parents?
- Have I noticed any concerning changes in my parents?
- Are my parents looking to still be independent or are they looking for more help?
- Do my parents have any medical concerns?
Senior Living at Discovery Village Through our numerous community locations, Discovery Village is able to provide all levels of care for seniors starting the next chapter of their lives. Our locations include:
- Discovery Village At Alliance Town Center
- Discovery Village At Boynton Beach
- Discovery Village At Castle Hills
- Discovery Village At Deerwood
- Discovery Village At Dominion
- Discovery Village At Melbourne
- Discovery Village At Naples
- Discovery Village At Palm Beach Gardens
- Discovery Village At Sandhill
- Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay
- Discovery Village At Southlake
- Discovery Village At Stuart
- Discovery Village At Sugarloaf
- Discovery Village At Tampa Palms
- Discovery Village At The Forum
- Discovery Village At Twin Creeks
- Discovery Village At Westchase
- Discovery Village At West End
Our community lets you discover what world-class senior living in Melbourne, Fl has to offer. Discovery Village At Melbourne provides a variety of senior living options that offer specialized care and service tailored to take care of your individual needs. Our supervised independent living, assisted…